Handmade objects always have a story. They have a real character and charm over mass-produced items. My blog is featuring all the handmade items I make and I'm also going to post Free Patterns for crocheting, knitting and other crafts. I'm also going to post my favourite recipes for free! Are you interested in a certain pattern or recipe? Feel free to contact me.

I love to recycle books and records and create unique purses, clocks, IPhone docks, Ereader Tablet Covers, hollow safe books. You can find my crafting in My RETROGRANDMA Etsy Store

I also love to seek out collectible treasures and you can find them in my RetroClassics shop on Etsy

I've had a number of opportunities for my unique handmade items to be featured on many blogs. I LOVE the RETRO ERA and that's why they call me "RETROGRANDMA"! FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: http://www.twitter.com/Retrograndma







25 January 2012

Recipe for Great Homemade Buns, Bread or Doughnuts

I'd like to share one of my favourite recipes.  This particular recipe was from a church cookbook  made in the early 1970's and it was my mother's favourite.

Buns/Bread/Cinnamon Buns/Doughnut Recipe
2 pkgs. yeast
1 c. lukewarm water
1 tsp. sugar
 Let this rise for 20 minutes...then add:
3 c. lukewarm water             
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. mazola
1 Tbsp. salt
6 beaten eggs
Enough flour to make a soft dough. (have it slightly sticky)
Let this rise for 2 hours in a warm place and then punch down.  Let it rise again for another one hour and then make into bread, plain buns, cinnamon buns or doughnuts.  (roll dough out and use a jar lid to cut out into doughnuts....cut a small hole in the middle with a smaller lid - I use my small salt shaker lid)
I love the aroma of fresh buns baking!
Enjoy!


No comments: